"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Back Splash DIY


I am so so so proud of my husband for our latest project. We decided to be brave and install a tile back splash in our kitchen. We talked to a guy at home depot and he told us about this stuff.... Its a fiber glass sticker that can be used instead of tile board also the tile stick directly to it so you don't have to plaster first. This is a bit my expensive than regular tile board at $25 for 10 sq feet but make s it much quicker and easier so it was well worth the money! This is our kitchen before.... we removed the laminate back splash first...

next we placed the fiber glass sticker sheets on the wall....
followed by tile placement and grouting..... The Grout we used was a premixed, it also cost a little higher but made the project easier....

We also went ahead and purchased a wet saw instead of renting one because I have a feeling this will not be our only tile project.

and this is the finished product......

Doesn't that look amazing, it makes such a huge difference in our kitchen!!!

5 comments:

Stephanie @ dirtandlace.com said...

That looks so great!! We are going to do a backsplash eventually when we get finished with our kitchen remodel, so I may have to hit you up for some pointers!

Andrea @ The Dawley Fam said...

This looks so wonderful! Y'all did a great job! Can't wait to see more of your creations!

Trina said...

It really looks great!!! Do you mind telling us what it cost ya'll total (minus the wet saw purchase) to complete the project? I would love to do this but would like to know how much it would cost (roughly). Thanks!

Little April said...

without the wet saw for 25 sq feet it cost $170 it was a cheap way to tottaly change the kitchen!!!

Frugal Home Designs said...

That looks great! Thanks for the tip about the tile setting mat. I will have to use it when I do my backsplash.