"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Just Skirting Around!

Every since I moved Poops into his big boy bed I have been on a endless search for a denim bed skirt. I got his bedding at Target but for some reason they didn't have a skirt that matched the set. I have had my heart set on denim because his curtains are denim and I wanted to tie everything together.
Bed Before......


The other day I had a brilliant idea, Why not just make a denim skirt! Since Paxton's bed is against the wall and has a foot board, I only need a skirt on one side of the bed. I need a skirt that could easily be moved out of the way because we store some of Poopoos toys under his bed.
Here is what I did.......

I sewed a rectangle skirt out of denim fabric and then sewed loops on it using camo ribbon.

I Spray painted round wooden craft knobs black to match the frame of the bed.


I glued the wooden knobs on the bed using a hot glue gun so I would not permanently mess up the frame. Then I attached the fabric by the ribbon loops......


Here is Poopoos big boy bed after.....


Super Cute!!!!

6 comments:

Lori said...

you rock! i would ever had thought if it! I actually would love that more than a bed skirt! mason's bed has a skirt and his bed is sort of tall, so we store a lot under it, and the skirt gets all shifted under the mattress when he flips it up to get the toys...annoying!
okay, that was way too much info for you!

amberdawn said...

You are so crafty! I would have to use the iron-on "stitching" approach! Ha ha! It looks really good!

Amanda said...

You are amazingly talented! The things/ideas you come up with are always so unique. The skirt and knobs came out adorable. His room is cute too!

Unknown said...

that is the neatest idea!!!too cute!

Amy said...

I love that. YOu are so creative.I'm jealous :)

Uberly Ewe said...

you are just so crafty. I love the round wooden nobs that you used to hang the skirt. Very very cleaver!!!