"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11

Monday, September 10, 2012

Homecomi..... schooling Queen

God has heen moving my life in a new direction this past year. Its not a path I ever saw myself taking and I have been kicking and screaming all the way. I am a firm believer in praying and asking God for the his direction but I am not always so firm with listening! 

This year my sweet Poopoo started Kindergarten AHHHHH! You would think getting my baby ready for Kinder would be the hardest part but for us it was not. Poopoo attended a very small private christian school for Pre-K and I fell in love, the only hold up was that starting in Kindergarten I would be required to home study him 2 days a week, YIKES right! 

Homeschooling was a concept I was never fond of and very quick to judge. How could I have the ability to teach my children as they need to be taught? But the lure of this school was more than enough to make me reconsider my preconcieved notions.
 We couldn't count out the public school around the corner without visiting it first, which I have to add was extremely nice and all the teachers were very wonderful. I really thought after seeing the public school that I would have my answer but it only made things more confusing. 

This is were my knees came in to play, I prayed! I prayed hard and long and over and over again, even God himself I'm sure felt a bit annoyed. I thought and thought until my head hurt, I cried. 
God was showing me the answers but they weren't exactly what I had in mind. 
"Really God this is what you want me to do, teach my children?"

I finally couldn't fight the signs God was giving me and I enrolled Poopoo in Kindergarten at a co-op Christian school. He spends three day in school and two at home schooling with me "mommy teacher" as he would say it:)

No comments: