"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11

Friday, September 14, 2012

The Shack Book Review


Doing hair I get all kind of book recommendations form my clients. I like to consider myself an avid reader but with two kids, work and homeschooling I don't get to read as much as I would like. The shack came recommended by several clients  so I figured I would read it and see what the buzz was about.
When I bought this book on my Nook I was a little disappointed at how few pages it was, especially for  $10. If you click on the picture above and get it threw amazon its only $7 which is a pretty good deal for such a wonderful book! 
I had no idea what to expect with this book, I had never even read so much as a description of this book nor did my clients even explain the story line to me. needless to say I was very surprised at the tragic way the book started and was very unsettled with the storyline threw the first half of the book. 
As I continues reading I couldn't put the book down, when the main character encounters "Papa" his reference to God I felt myself being pulled into his beautiful story. I loved this authors perception of God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. 
The tragic beginning bring us to a graceful ending. I found myself longing for the book to end in what I felt was a happy ending but was more than satisfied with the lesson it taught me about finding Gods grace in all our hardships and the happy ending that we can't see and that awaits us in the end.
This book is a definite must read!!!!! 

Here are other books I love.....

No comments: