"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11

Friday, September 12, 2008

My Weekly Grocery Budget Review



I love reading Blog post about peoples grocery budgets and there progress. I also enjoy when bloggers recap there entire week of savings. I decided every week I will recap my entire week of savings, my Grocery Budget, and if I was able to keep under budget. Before I coupon shopped I never had a weekly grocery budget I just closed my eyes and handed over my debit card to the cashier, grocery shopping use to be a painful experience (spending around $150 a week) now its an addiction. I have set my weekly grocery budget $50.00 my grocery budget includes all our family needs diapers, toothpaste, paper goods, food, you get the picture :)

So here is How I did this week.....

Walgreens

4 Coffee-Mate Creamer
5 Bags of Chex Mix
1 Sun Maid Raisins
3 Visine
4 Dole Fruit Cups
1 Gallon Milk
2 Tubs Country Crock Butter
2 Sunsilk Volume Mist
2 Sun Silk Hair Spray
1 Hershey Syrup
1 5lb bag Sugar
2 Wags Dryer Sheets
2 Scrubbing Bubbles Cleaner
2 4pack AA Duracell Batteries
3 Creast Toothpaste
1 Chap Stick
4 Shick Quatro Refills
3 Schick Quatro Razors
Total Value $169.12
Total OOP $37.73
saved $131.89

CVS

3 Purex Laundry Soap
2 Colgate Toothpaste
1 Band-Aid
1 Revlon Nail Polish
1 Dozen eggs
Total Value $34.82
Total OOP $4.03
Total Saved $30.79

Kroger


Bananas
1 Package of ranch mix
1 can pinto beans
2 Cans Rotel
1 Bag Potatoes
2 Package of ground beef
1 Package of Dole Salad Mix
1 Baking Mix
1 Reusable Shopping bag (I love these)
Total OOP $16.33

So Did I stay under Budget?

Weekly Budget $50.00
Weekly Total $58.09

$8.09 Over Budget :(
I saved $162.68 that is a savings of 75% WOW!
I will try to make up the difference next week by making my budget $42.00
What is your Weekly Budget?

3 comments:

Angie said...

Mine is $35-40. But hubby is a restaurant GM and he eats at work 1 or 2 times a day. So that helps a lot!!

msB said...

I am just starting out on a budget so I am going to try to keep a $50-70 per week for a family of four. I also wanted you to know that I am trying to start my own blog after reading yours for months now. I am going to try to keep track of my daily/weekly spending. You have inspired me!!

Christina said...

I have a family of three (myself, my husband and my 2 year old daughter). Right now, I spend $300 a month on food. I spend $125 every 2 weeks, and on the 2 in between weeks I spend about $25 just to stock up on eggs and milk, anything we ran out of. But this $300 doesnt include paper towels and things like that...just food! I need to work on saving more. :(