"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11

Friday, September 26, 2008

Small Family Save Money on Meat

Meat is the most expensive thing on our grocery list. We are only a family of 3, one of those three is only 20 months old. Before I was frugal I would make large portions and throw away what we didn't eat. We are not a leftover family we have tried but neither me nor my husband are fans of leftover food. Now that I am a super frugal chick I have been coming up with all kinds of ways to save money.
When I purchase my meat I always break it down in small portions before I freeze it. I bag everything in twos, when I purchase a 1lb. ground beef I cut it in half. The best way to freeze is by using vacuum bag, this helps prevent freezer burn. I use Ziploc Vacuum bags they are cheap and easy to use, Ziploc always has great coupons as well!

No comments: