"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Thrifty Thursdays

I never throw away greeting cards, I simply recycle them and use them as gift tags.......
Supplies you will need.....
Scissors, Hole puncher, decorative scissors (optional), Ribbon, Old Greeting card, and a Marker

Step one: Cut the off the back part of the greeting card.
Step 2: Using your decorative scissors cut out what ever shape you like out of the front of the greeting card ( I choose to do a square)
Step 3: Using a hole puncher punch a hole in the top left corner.

Step 4: On the back side of the card write a message or To: & From:

Step 5: Using Ribbon tie the gift tag on to gift bag or box ( On gift bags I like to tie the ribbon to the little plastic hook used to hang it on the display).

And there you have it, a frugal gift tag!

6 comments:

Angie said...

Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Allie said...

What a GREAT idea! I never would have thought to do it! Thanks!

Tara said...

This is a fabulous idea! I was just telling a friend I have tons of cards, and don't know what to do with them.

Lisa B. said...

I love doing this! The ones you made are great.

Little April said...

I am such a pack rat! I hate to get rid of anything so I have a ton of cards. I dont know how I thought of this, it just came to meone day when I was looking for a gift tag to wrap a gift.

Martha said...

Great idea! Ive never thought about this!
Martha