"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Cool Canisters!

I decided to make my Step Sister Mel a special gift for her bridal shower. I saw the idea for using Chalk board paint to make labels on another one of my favorite blogs Mommy Has a Blog. I bought some plain canisters at Hobby Lobby. I decided I would spruce up the canisters by adding a border around the labels, I used Mod Podge to attack and protect the borders. Then I used chalk board paint to make the labels, this is such a neat idea because she can change what on the label anytime she wants. I feeling I will be using more chalkboard paint again in the near future, it fun and easy to use.They turned out super cute and were really easy to make. I just hope Mel really like them!

4 comments:

Jessica Dawn said...

Those are a great idea - your so darn crafty! :-)

Amanda said...

I'm sure she will.. I am LOVING them! Great job, you crafty mama!

janie said...

These are absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Oh, and you didn't see me in the dirt with those worms, didja? Oh no, worms aren't my thing either! lol

Martha said...

How cute! You did a great job! Martha