"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Grannys Window


About five years ago my husband pulled several windows off his Granny's old house. They have sat in our garage pretty much every since. I have been wanting to do something with these old windows forever but never got around to it. Now that I am crazy nesting lady I decided revamp one of the windows. First thing I did was tape off the two window I was wanting to make a chalk board. Then using chalk board paint I sprayed each panel....... Then using using a magnet sheet I cut to fit the size of a panel and glued the magnet sheet to the panel. I had first tired magnetic spray paint but it sucked so then I used the sheet and it was a little bit better but still not great!
Using craft rocks, scrapebooking paper, and round magnet I made some small magnets to use on this panel.... Then I used Mod Podge to cover the remaining panel in scrape booking paper.
I glued a cross to the center of the panel with that was covered with paper.
Added a iron handle.
Tied a eraser and chalk to the handle using ribbon.
Here is my finished product.......

I was not 100% happy with the magnet panel but I will be on the look out for something that might work a little better than the sheet or the paint.

I just love old stuff made new, we also have Granny's front door which I am currently working on and need some ideas for sweet verses about children. And we have her old screen door which I am using in the baby's room but have not started on it.

5 comments:

Stephanie @ dirtandlace.com said...

What a great idea! I think it turned out great. Can't wait to see the other things you're working on.

Jessica said...

Wow! Looks great :) I want to make one now!!!

The Dorns said...

Omg I could never whip something out like that. It's beautiful. I will look into versus for you cant think of one off the top of my head.

Shelly- Mom Files said...

oh my gosh, you totally rock!! How creative you are and the finished product is so cute! I really love it :)

Elizabeth said...

That is such a beautiful idea. You are so talented and creative! I wish I had the ability to see what else something could possibly be but I just don't. Those windows would probably have sat in my garage for 10 or more years! That's why I read blogs :) Everyone has such amazing ideas.