"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11

Saturday, February 28, 2009

I am a Total Copy Cat!


I found this blog awhile back that I absolutely love. Martha at So Lovely Creations is so creative. She always has great ideas and even has her own store on Etsy.com. I saw a post awhile back about these cute little wall letters she made. Since I had a baby shower for my sister in law coming up I decided I would attempt to make them myself.

The first thing I did was lay out the letters and wooden plaques I purchased at Hobby Lobby (my favorite place)........

Next I painted half the letter Pink and have Tan (those are the colors of her nursery).....

Then using Scrape booking paper and Mod Podge I covered the front of the wooden Plaques.....

I glued the letters on the front on the plaque and decorated them with rhinestones. Then I stapled tulle ribbon to the back of each plaque to hang them......

And here is the finished product.........

SO CUTE!!!!

Of coarse I will probably never get to make anything for my kids using tulle and rhinestones but its fun to make for gifts!

12 comments:

Jessica Dawn said...

I'm so jealous, you are so crafty! You did a great job on these, they are more than adorable.

Jessica said...

Cute idea. I love it!

Amanda said...

That is SO CUTEEEEE!! Maybe I can do something like this with the letters I made for the baby and just "boy" it up a bit. ;)

Trina said...

Very cute!

LYNDEE said...

so cute, im about to start posting thngs ive started making for amanda its so fun with girls, huh???

Stephanie said...

That is really cute. I had bought just plain white letters for the nursery and my aunt asked if she could do "something" with them. When I got them back I was so amazed. She did a wonderful job. The letters look better than I ever could have imagined and it was just using scrapbook paper and a few little trikets.

Rubydotlarue said...

How cute!!! I can see you owning your very own boutique someday with all of the crafty things you have posted on your blog...all while rasing a little boy and a half!!! Very cute!

Martha said...

Hi April!

These turned out great! I love the colors! Good Job! :)

Martha

Uberly Ewe said...

Very cute! I will have to give it a try sometime. You could make them more boyish if that is what you are worried about.

Erin said...

SO adorable! Looks like a fun project =)

Tena said...

Amazing!!
I am certain you can make equally cute ones for your boys, and than you can make some for my boys, ha ha ha

One day at a time said...

Those are so cute April! Thank you for the award...you are so sweet!