"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Wordless Wednesday

This is my Great Grandmother Nina. In this picture I was giving her a haircut on her back porch. When I was a little girl I practically lived at her house. I have lots of wonderful memories of Malt-o-meal, Root beer, and Vanilla bean ice cream. She is also the one who got me hooked on my soap Days of Our Lives :) I love her so much and I am so glad my son has had the opportunity to get to know her. She is his Great Great Grandmother WOW!

For more wordless Wednesday fun visit 5 Minutes for Mom.

6 comments:

Ali said...

This is the reason I moved my family back to my hometown--so my boys could be near their grandparents! I have such great memories of mine too!

Michelle said...

Wow, this is great. How lucky to still have your great grandmother around and wonderful for you son. It's a gift to cherish. I wish my grams was still with us. I miss her everyday and there's never a day that passes that I don't think of her. Thanks for sharing.

Jean Stockdale said...

THanks for stopping by my site. I dont think I have visited with you before. I love your blog. I will link it to mine and encourage my MOM readers to stop by. Blessings as you raise up your little guy for the Lord.

Rubydotlarue said...

Cherish the fact that your children get to experience the concept of a Great Great Grandmother. My daughter Delaney only got to spend about a year with her Great Great Grandmother before she passed away. But she knows even today at 4 1/2 how special she was to have one! Pictures of her with GG Gma are littered throughout our home!!! She's beautiful!

angie said...

How wonderful you still have your Great Grandma! I gave up on Days a while back, but I think my parents (yes, my dad too!), and both my grandma's still watch it!

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Oh wow! Your great grandmother? How special that your son gets to have a relationship with her too. I have great memories of my grandparents. All of them have passed away. But I was just thinking today how much I missed my sweet grandpa.

Thanks for sharing with us!
Happy WW!