"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

My Nesting is Kicking in!


I am totally starting to nest, I don't know what it is about pregnancy but one day you wake up and are not satisfied until you vacuum the carpet at least 5 times in a single day. My line of attack today was my sons room. I have decided we have the most spoiled child ever! My husband jokes that Poopoo has more toys at the age of 2 then he had in his entire life time.

Today I sorted threw all Poops toys throwing out the Junky happy meal toys and cheesy stuffed animals, sorted out all the baby toys (teethers, rattles...) and organized all the parts with the toys they originally belong to. Tired Yet?

That is not all, since I am crazy hormone lady I decided to do a little craft project with the shelves I moved in his room. It really turned out cute and it was totally unplanned, I love when that happens!
This is Paxtons old shelf that I am moving to the babies room..........

After all the sorting threw all the junk, uh I mean toys my hubby moved Poops new shelf into the room. This shelf was originally in the Laundry room and it held all my craft stuff. I purchased it awhile back at Walmart for less than $40.

I used some camo wrapping paper and Mod Podged the paper to the back of the shelving unit. For those of you who have never used Mod Podge I would suggest running out tomorrow and picking up a bottle just to keep around the house in case of emergencies lol!

Finally I placed all his toys back on his shelf. I was so excited that they all actually fit and that you could see all his books

6 comments:

Erin said...

Looks great! I actually did the same thing today. I need a place for my kids books though and your idea is GREAT! I actually have a half used bottle of Mod Podge. I LOVE that stuff LOL!

janie said...

I loves me some Mod Podge! I should be in bed but that is so stinkin' cute!

msB said...

Looks great! Maybe I will get into the organizing mood one day and steal that idea!

Rubydotlarue said...

I LOVE the new look! What a creative and inexpensive way to spruce up an old unit! I will have to invest in some Mod Podge really soon! You're a Great Nester!!!

Amanda said...

It looks great, I love it! I've been in the nesting mood a lot lately too.

LYNDEE said...

uhh dont u love the nesting stag, i always seemed to get soooo much needed work done around the house. the shelving unit looks great and believe it or not ive neverused mod podge, im gettin some!!!