"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11

Monday, July 14, 2008

Deal or Dud!!!

Debbie Meyer Green Bags



I have seen the infomercial tons of times! I have always wanted to try these bags and see if they really worked. My dear sweet Mamaw had purchased a set of these bags and gave me a few to try( I was super excited). Debbie Meyer Green Bags promise to prolong the life of your fruits and veggies. They retail for $9.99 for 20 bags plus $6.95 shipping online or to avoid shipping cost Walgreen's carries them in store. I know that seems expensive but each bag can be reused up to 10 times. I decided for this deal or dud test I would use bananas. We buy and throw away lots of bananas at our house so I was really crossing my fingers these bags lived up to the hype.



The Test
Day 1

Day 5

Day 7

Day 9

WOW!!!

Now my bananas did not look as good as the picture on the box after 9 days but they did look pretty darn good! I say this product is a definite DEAL!!!!

5 comments:

Amy said...

I agree, way cool! I will have to look for these the next time I am in Walgreens :)

Tena said...

I am totally going to get these now. I am always on the fence if these really work!! Now that someone in *real life* can confirm, I am sold!!


P.S. I read your comment to me about Ashlee Simpson, and the song was in my head. Catchy song!!

Mommy Minded said...

Awesome! Hubby and I found these and he was all for getting them. But I am not a believer of what I see on TV, lol. Thanks for trying it out! NOW, I will buy them! :)

Trina said...

Awesome! My daughter has seen this commercial way too many times. LOL She can quote it and tells me every time I have black bananas that I need to buy those bags! LOL

Lori J said...

I LOVE these bags. I purchased mine at Bed Bath and Beyond if that helps anyone. I was told if you do get moisture (from storing in the fridge) in the bag just to wipe it out or the bags can be turned inside out and works just the same.