"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11

Thursday, July 31, 2008

The Frugal Kitchen

How About a double dose of The Frugal Kitchen.....

Garlic Cheese Biscuits
(inspired by a recent trip to Red Lobster)

2 cups Bisquick. baking mix
2/3 cup milk
1/2 cup cheddar cheese -- shredded
1/4 cup margarine or butter -- melted
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

Preheat oven to 450. Mix baking mix, milk and cheese until soft dough forms; beat vigorously for 30 seconds. Drop dough by spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8-10 min. or until golden brown. Mix margarine and garlic powder; brush over warm biscuits before removing from cookie sheet. Serve warm. Makes 10-12 biscuits.




Crispy Onion Chicken

1 lb. of chicken breast or strips
1 can of Frenchers Fried Onions
1 egg, beaten

Preheat oven to 400. Crush Onions in a bag.
Dip the chicken in the onion the egg then coat w/ onion crumbs.
Bake 20 min until the chicken is cooked through.
Plate and Serve


Double Yummy!!!!!

5 comments:

Mommy Minded said...

Girl my family loves when I make the garlic cheese biscuts! I am so trying the chicken too! YUMMO!

Melanie said...

That looks so wonderful! Thanks for posting it. It'll be on next weeks menu here:)

Tena said...

coming over to your house for dinner..yum-eeeeeeee

Lindy said...

Those biscuits do look good. I really like the fact that they are drop biscuits.

I think I'll put those on my menu next week too!

Uberly Ewe said...

I love frugal meals! And I totally love those Garli Cheese Biscuts. It has been for ever since I have had them. We don't have a Red Lobster in the town we know live in. Thanks for these two receipes....saving them, and can't wait to give them a try!!! I think I have all the stuff to make both of them. Now that is COOL!