"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11

Monday, July 14, 2008

The Frugal Kitchen


Easy Pot Roast Dinner

1 Roast (I buy mine at Wal-mart at around $6.00)

1 can of Cream of Onion Soup

1 12oz Bottle or Can of Beer (you may also substitute 12oz water)

3 carrots

1 large potato

1/4 garlic clove chopped (may also substitute 1 tablespoon of minced garlic)


Spray Crock pot with cooking spray.
Pour beer and soup into the crock pot.
Salt and pepper roast and place in pot with garlic.
Let cook on low for 8 hours.
slice carrots & Cut potato into squares leaving the skin on.
Add to the pot for the last hour.
Plate and serve.....


YUMMY!!!!

4 comments:

Mommy Minded said...

Oh I am so hungry now!

April said...

I love my crockpot! This looks great! I usually throw a can of french onion soup and a can of beef broth in with the roast, I will have to try the onion soup.

Tena said...

sounds yummy! I swear by my crockpot!!! Can't mess anything up if you just use the crockpot

Little April said...

I will have to try fench onion next time!