"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11

Monday, July 7, 2008

Simple Solutions!


The Diaper Genie
I was given a Diaper Genie at my baby shower when I was pregnant with my son. As far as keeping the smell out it doesn't really work but it does help cut back on the smell allot! I don't know how someone so sweet can make such a stink but he can!!!
I was given the Diaper Genie 2, It is a newer supposedly better version of the original Diaper Genie. I have never used the original Diaper Genie so I personally cant confirm that. But one thing that I think is better about the design of the Diaper Genie 2 is that you do not have to twist the bags after each diaper, you simply push the diaper down in to the pail and it has a spring trap door that closes and helps keep some of the smell out. I purchased the refills for the first year at around $6.00 each. I would typically go threw about 1 refill every 2 weeks or less. WOW that is allot of money to get rid of the stink. Now I use regular trash bags, thast right just plain Tall Kitchen trash bags. All I do is take the top lid off the Diaper Genie and push the bottom of the trash bag threw the trap door leaving enough of the trash bag out so that when I put the top lid back on it holds the trash bag in place. This saves me a ton of money, the average cost of a single trash bag is about $.20. I change my Diaper Genie trash bag twice a week to help keep the smell down :( costing me $.80 every 2 week appose to $6.00. That is a savings of $5.20 WOW!!! I don't know if this will work with the original Diaper Genie but with that kind of saving I think I would give it a try if I were you:)



If you have any other great simple solution ideas I would love for you to share them with me....

No comments: