"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I am a Christian


When I say... 'I am a Christian'
I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'
When I say... 'I am a Christian'
I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.
When I say... 'I am a Christian'
I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.
When I say.. 'I am a Christian'
I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.
When I say... 'I am a Christian'
I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.
When I say... 'I am a Christian'
I still feel the sting of pain..
I have my share of heart aches, so I call upon His name.
When I say... 'I am a Christian'
I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner...
Who received God's good grace, somehow!'
Thanks Lori for sharing this great Poem!

3 comments:

Lori J said...

April you little thief you!!! LOL!! Im glad you enjoyed the poem. I see you already reposted it and it looks wonderful. God Bless !!

Amy said...

Very beautiful!

Stop by my blog to accept your award :)

Whitney said...

Love the poem and love your blog... hope it is okay if I read it every now and then.
I like people to leave comments when they visit my blog, so I am doing the same. :)